Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rushing

Sitting at the bus stop,
Cars pass me in a rush,
An endless stream of people,
While I'm waiting for the bus.

Where are they coming from?
Where do they go?
Are they happy with their lives?
I'd really like to know!

All day, every day,
Moving all the time
As I sit here motionless
Lives rush past mine.

"Gotta go!" "Cant be late!"
"Beat that traffic light!"
Appearing from around the bend,
Then speeding out of sight.

It really must be tiring,
Rushing every day.
Have a break, chill out a bit
"Take the bus" I say.

They wouldn't have the time to hear,
Too worried they'd be late-
With people to see and places to go,
Ruled by deadlines and dates.

And so I sit and wonder
That rushing must be hell...
But my bus is here, I gotta rush
Or I'll be late as well.

















By Rebecca Cheong (4/2/2010)

No comments: